Clark County, Washington has released a Request for Proposal (RFP) funding a residential weatherization program for income-eligible residents of Clark County. We would like to ensure that as many minority contractors as possible are made aware of this opportunity. Please reference RFP number 726 at the link listed below for more information.
Contractors for this program will perform the following types of work:
- Building energy analysis
- Attic insulation
- Crawl space insulation
- Sidewall insulation
- Furnace repair or replacement
- Heating duct sealing and insulation
- Water heater and water pipe insulation
- Weather-stripping and caulking
- Installation of ventilation system to meet American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. (ASHRAE) 62.2 (indoor air quality standards)
- Blower door assisted air sealing
- Other draft reduction and energy-saving measures
- Client education
The County is anticipating funding adequate to weatherize approximately 115 homes/units in one year, although the contract may be extended to 6 years. The estimated average price to be paid by the County per home/unit is $7,800.