Are you a self-starter; a go getter? Are you ready to make an impact? Do you have professional-level HR experience? Are you a quick learner? Do you have excellent attention to detail? Does performing multiple duties with competing importance excite you? Are you ready to take your HR career to the next step? If this is you, come and join our dynamic HR office.
At the Oregon Department of Energy, we’re driven by our mission to lead Oregon to a safe, clean, and sustainable energy future. We take this responsibility seriously, with a commitment to challenging work that makes a difference in the lives of Oregonians. We’re looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about making change through public service. We want people who get excited about new ideas, seeing projects through, and being part of a team. With about a hundred staff, our agency is made better through strong collaboration and communication. We recognize each other’s talents, respect each other’s diversity, and count on each other’s word. Above all, we have fun working together on behalf of the state. Energy is one of the most important, fastest-moving issues in Oregon today. Come join our team and work on dynamic issues that affect current and future generations of Oregonians.
What you will be doing!
You will provide a wide range of professional HR services to all managers and staff within the agency. Duties will include position management, classification, safety, ADA, policy development, etc. and the coordination and facilitation of a wide variety of committees including, but not limited to, safety, wellness, training, and ADA.
What’s in it for you!
You will join a small, collaborative and supportive HR office where you will have the opportunity to learn in a dynamic HR environment. You will gain HR generalist experience that will help you advance in your HR career. You will have the unique opportunity of interacting with all agency staff.
We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays a year.
Qualifications, Required & Requested Skills
To be considered for this position you must meet the following minimum qualifications (required skills):
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior or Development, Business or Public Administration, the Applied Behavioral Sciences, Industrial Relations or a job-related course of study determined by the appointing authority; and two years of Human Resource professional-level experience related to this position.
- Valid Certification as a Professional in Human Resource awarded by the Human Resource Certification Institute, and three years Human Resource professional-level experience related to this position.
- Five years Human Resource experience related to this position. Three of the five years must have been at the professional-level.
A master’s degree in any of the above listed courses of study may substitute for one year of professional-level experience.
If you are using education to qualify please be prepared to bring copies of your transcripts (either official or unofficial) with you to the interview.
The most competitive candidates will have the following:
- Able to facilitate committee meetings and processes.
- Able to switch between multiple job functions while ensuring that competing priorities are completed appropriately.
- Able to develop and maintain collaborative professional relationships in a diversified environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of implementing creative problem-solving solutions.
Experience in any of the following HR functions is a plus but not required to be competitive.
- Conducting and writing job classification analysis.
- Providing consultation and technical assistance to management and employees in the interpretation and application of human resource policies and procedures.
- Responding to requests for accommodation under the ADA.
- Developing and/or delivering HR related training to a variety of internal audiences.
- Workers’ compensation claims management.
- Recruitment and developing job postings in an online recruitment system.