Are you a person who likes challenges and developing new ideas? Are you connected to and ready to
promote to a broad audience, especially to people of color and historically underserved communities?As the Washington County Museum marketing professional, you’ll be working with a team of passionate (non-marketing) professionals who generate a number of services/programs for the community. To that end, you’ll need to be hands-on, flexible, collaborative and innovative. No two days will be alike! You will play a critical role in aligning your creative direction with the organization’s strategic plan.
1. Develop strategies and tactics (marketing plan) to get the word out about our organization and
drive qualified traffic to our programs and to our museum.
2. Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to
3. Write, produce and distribute press releases, newsletters and other promotional material.
4. Maintain a robust social media presence by producing valuable and engaging posts that attracts
and engages our target groups.
5. Work with contractors and manage projects that may include professionals such as website
developer, photographer and graphic designers.
6. Develop and staff promotional “trade show” booths for family events, festivals and fairs.
7. Build strategic relationships with the press, community organizations and other mutually
8. Attend networking events and meetings to develop and maintain a visible presence in the
9. Measure, report, and evaluate performance of marketing campaigns, and progress towards
10. Experiment with leveraging marketing/advertising dollars for greater return on investment.
Professional communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent organizational, analytical, and
problem solving skills. Strong time management skills. Excellent attention to detail. Proficient in
Microsoft Office. Ability to work independently as well as in teams. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
Education; Work Experience:
Working knowledge of marketing strategies. Experience with Google Analytics, Constant Contact (or
other email marketing platform.) Minimum two years of marketing experience coupled with the
demonstrated ability to create and manage multiple projects.
Bilingual – Spanish/English. Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, computer science or
related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Basic HTML or web development skills. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher, and/or In Design.