Supporting our small business customers during the coronavirus pandemic
Helping our customers
We understand the hardship you and your business are facing right now. Here are some of the steps we’re taking to help:
- Offering payment options to help make paying bills more manageable
- Waiving all third-party debit/credit card transaction fees for payments up to $600
- Committing $250,000 in energy assistance to directly help our customers impacted by COVID-19
- Donating $50,000 to the Oregon Community Foundation’s Small Business Stabilization Fund
If you need help with your bill, we offer several options to fit your unique needs.
- Request more time to pay: You can request a payment extension 24/7 by logging in to your account or calling our automated phone system at the numbers below.
- Change your due date: If you need to change the day your bill is due each month, you can do that online or by calling us. Please note that it will take a full billing cycle for any change to take effect.
- Call us for a payment plan: We will work with you to set up payment arrangements that work for you. A payment arrangement operates like an interest-free loan and will help you with your bill balance.
- Request energy assistance: PGE is committing $250,000 in energy assistance to directly help our customers impacted by COVID-19. Call our customer service team to see if you qualify.
Help saving energy
As your business adapts to this time and changes to how you operate, it’s natural to worry about how your energy bill impacts your bottom line. Here are a few tools to manage your energy bill and use.
- Get bill alerts: Keeping tabs on your upcoming bill amount can remind you to take extra steps to save energy. Sign up online or on the PGE app for weekly bill estimates or alerts that your bill may exceed an amount you’ve set.
- Track your energy use: Our online Energy Tracker tool shows you when and how you’re using energy, and how to save. To start, simply sign in to your account.
- Get tips on how to control your energy costs: Whether your business is temporarily closed, running slimmer operations or fully open, there are ways to keep your business secure and improve your air quality while still saving energy.
Ways to pay your bill
To help customers stay safe and practice social distancing, our community offices are closed until further notice.
- We are temporarily removing no-check and cash-only restrictions for customers, allowing everyone to safely pay using their checking account electronically or with a physical check by mail.
- Our self-service payment options are available during this time, and we are temporarily waiving any third-party debit/credit transaction fees for payments up to $600: