As a member of the Development Team, you will help grow Ecotrust’s community of supporters by coordinating in-person engagements and online touchpoints that inspire others to join our work creating social and environmental change. You will collaborate with the team to coordinate events such as dinners and field visits that help prospective donors connect with and understand our innovative initiatives. And with guidance from the team, you will update our online presence with fresh messaging and imagery to ensure that we’re telling a consistent story about who we are and what we do.
In accordance with Ecotrust’s value of centering equity, people of color and first-generation college students will be given preference in the hiring process. We seek to mentor someone who is passionate about addressing the pressing issues of social inequity and climate change, and we are committed to providing you with clear project ownership, tangible growth opportunities, and networking connections. This is an ideal role from which to cultivate skills in project management, event planning, nonprofit marketing, and donor management.
Ecotrust is powered by the vision of a world where people and nature thrive together. Since 1991, we have partnered with local communities from California to Alaska to build new ways of living and doing business. From forestry to finance, food access to green building, we work to advance social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. Together, we are making this place we live a home that we love. Learn more about our work here: www.ecotrust.org
Ecotrust holds a deep commitment to equity and diversity as core principles integral to the work we do. As we add new members across all levels of the organization, we seek diverse perspectives that will add richness to our evolving organization and networks.
- Turn event ideas into reality. Research and book venues, food, and other logistics for events throughout our bioregion.
- Use prospect research tools to conduct research on event invitees and attendees, and track interactions with donors in our donor database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Coordinate and track our team’s outreach to potential event attendees and sponsors.
- Develop a firm grasp of Ecotrust’s brand messaging and imagery; learn how we communicate Ecotrust’s stories and mission.
- Identify online partners that publish information about Ecotrust, and track what elements of each site need to be updated.
- Use our refreshed branding materials to update every online site where people encounter and learn about Ecotrust.
- You are aware of disparities faced by communities of color and First Nations, Alaska Natives, and American Indian communities, and you use your unique skills and voice to promote equity.
- You are excited about Ecotrust’s mission to inspire fresh thinking that creates economic opportunity, social equity, and environmental well-being.
- You excel at project management, including note-taking, task-tracking, coordination with team members, and follow-up.
- You love creating and maintaining well-organized spreadsheets.
- You have an interest in building fundraising skills as a means to support causes you care about.
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Internship Application form and forward with a cover letter (1-page maximum) and resume (2-page maximum) to email@example.com with “Fundraising Event and Marketing Intern” in the subject line by 5pm PST on June 11, 2018. Your cover letter should clearly explain how your skills, experience, and interests fit this position.
We want to make this internship work for you, so we’re flexible about start/end dates and whether the position is part-time or full-time. Compensation is $15/hour. Our budget funds up to 400 hours (10 weeks if full-time). Ecotrust offers a transportation allowance to employees who work at least 20 hours/week and walk, bike, or take public transportation to work. You can also use this internship to earn academic credits from your educational institution, if applicable.
The Selection Process
- Initial application review
- Phone screenings
- Interviews (in-person or via Skype)
- Reference checks
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference for this recruitment. All required documentation must be included with your application materials.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please reach out to Allison Brinkhorst at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to request assistance.