This grant is provided by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding approved by City Council.
Application deadline: Monday, Feb. 28 at 5:00 pm
Open to businesses that:
- have 25 or fewer employees
- are based within Gresham city limits
- have an active Gresham business license
All eligible applications will go into a lottery and grantees pulled randomly from the pool.
Grant funds can be used for rent, lease, or mortgage payment, or employment development and retention.
Complete applications are critical. Incomplete applications could lead to disqualification.
Notifications of grant awards are expected to take place starting March 14.
The maximum grant amount is $10,000. Fifty percent of the $500,000 pool is reserved for businesses owned by Black, Indigenous or people of color (BIPOC), women and veterans.
- A business is eligible to apply if the business:
- Is currently open for business.
- Has an active Gresham business license.
- Is based within Gresham city limits.
- Is registered to do business in Oregon with the Secretary of State (if required by Oregon law).
- Has 25 or fewer employees.
- Was adversely affected by COVID-19 in accordance with Governor Brown’s Stay Home, Stay Safe Executive Order No. 20-12, either by:
- being prohibited to operate, or
- was able to operate but saw a one-month decline in sales of 50% or more as compared to January or February of 2020, or the same period in 2019 for seasonal businesses.
- Contact Questions about this grant program? Contact us at SmallBusiness@GreshamOregon.gov.