The Water Bureau has a team who focus on providing support and services to Portland businesses that help reduce water use and their associated costs.
Commercial Water Efficiency Services:
On-site water-use assessments.
- A water efficiency survey is an onsite assessment of a business’s water using equipment and processes which helps identify potential water saving opportunities.
- A survey can help identify rebates or devices that would benefit water efficiency.
Onsite investigation of unexplained increases in water consumption.
- An on-site water-use assessment that focuses on potential causes of high water use.
- Leaks, malfunctioning equipment and other causes of high use are investigated.
Presentations relating to specific water efficiency improvements for different business types.
Provide multiyear water use history and analysis.
Flow Recording: temporary 24-hour monitoring of water use.
- Helps quantify water use of specific equipment
- Identifies unexpected or unintended water use
- Reveals water use patterns
General advice and assistance over the phone and through email.
Rebates and or incentives available for water efficiency improvements.
- Ice machine rebate
- Toilet rebate
- Irrigation controller/spray heads
- Flexible incentive for unique projects
Water efficiency devices (at no cost)
- Faucet aerators
- Fill cycle diverters
- Toilet leak dye tabs
- Pre-rinse spray valve for commercial kitchens
For more information, contact:
Water Efficiency Services
Portland Water Bureau
Phone: (503) 823-4527