Job Opportunity | Program Coordinator | ONAC
OREGON NATIVE AMERICAN CHAMBER
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Portland, OR
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Provides hands-on support to ONAC’s programs; coordinates the work of other staff,
consultants, and community stakeholders to achieve project outcomes and business services
currently serving Oregon and Southwest Washington.
The role is equal parts leadership and passion for Native American communities with the
keystone being care for small business ownership. The ONAC Program Coordinator is
accountable for managing general day-to-day program operations in line with the organizational
The ONAC Program Coordinator implements administrative systems, procedures, and policies;
monitors administrative projects, and supports reporting requirements. The ONAC Program
Coordinator works closely with ONAC’s technical service providers, tribal organizations, Native
American serving organizations, and other network members.
The program coordinator is dedicated to the mission of ONAC. It is a full-time hourly position
and reports to the Programs Director.
● Work closely with Program leadership to operationalize programs and work across the
organization to improve service for clients and service providers.
● Maintain program documents ensuring compliance with funding policies and procedures
● Maintain required documentation and tracking related to funding policies
● Support selection process and onboarding of professional service provider contractors
● Collaborate in the design, organization, and management of systems, workflows, policies
and procedures, and documentation to support the technical assistance program
● Support client intake and registration processes
● Oversee and audit payments to service providers and maintain relationships with Accounts
● Process service provider payments
● Oversee administrative activities, related to program and chamber functions
● Assist leadership in duties, ensures timely dissemination of information and
documentation, which is necessary for the efficient operation of the program
● Collect and create reports using data received from internal and external data sources
and implement process improvement plans to address areas of deficiency
● Collect and maintain essential program documentation, policies, and procedures, and
● Oversee Program marketing, promotional activities, special projects, and events
● Assist in the design and distribution of Program publications, including newsletters,
brochures, and website
● Ensure adherence to budget constraints as related to program funding
● Demonstrate interest in working in non-profit, small business development, and
Native American communities
● Public-speaking, networking, building, and maintaining relationships
● Computer proficiency: MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Database management, Google
Suite, Project Management Software & Platforms
● Market and promote programs
● Ability to work independently with minimal oversight or direction
● Ability to manage own schedule and work as a self-starter.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Program Coordinator is expected to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse range of
individuals, agencies, and tribes. Candidates should be effective communicators and
troubleshooters, enthusiastic, self-motivated, adaptable, and able to complete assigned tasks
with a strong sense of responsibility.
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Three (3) years of Customer Service experience
● Two (2) years of Administrative experience in program management
● Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
● One (1) year of experience in Program Coordination and/or Operations Leadership
● One (1) year of Financial or accounts payable experience
● 2-4 years working with non-profit organizations or tribal organization(s) preferred
● Associate degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
● Evidence of direct experience to match the stated qualifications
Program Coordinator 2022 | 4445 SW Barbur Blvd, Ste. 105, Portland, OR 97239 | firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential functions. This position will work under normal business office conditions. This
position’s primary office will be located at the ONAC office in Portland, Oregon with the ability to
work remotely as necessary.
The tasks of this position are normally performed while sitting at a desk, often using a computer.
Mobility is required to attend meetings, attend training and workshops, and to accomplish other
necessary tasks. The periodic ability to travel independently to various locations within the
Pacific Northwest region is required. Regular lifting of up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting of
up to 25 pounds is expected. Must be able to maintain an excellent attendance record.
Hiring preference will be given to qualified enrolled citizens of federally recognized Tribes or
Send a letter of interest and resume and please include at least three professional references.
Subject Line: “Program Coordinator Job Announcement”
Attention: Amber Faist