The National Endowment for the Arts
is accepting applications from small and midsize organizations for projects that extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations, including those whose opportunities to experience the arts are limited by geography, ethnicity, economics, or disability.
Challenge America grants:
- Extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations.
- Are limited to the specific types of projects outlined below.
- Are for a fixed amount of $10,000 and require a minimum $10,000 match.
Grants are available only for:
- Guest Artist project type, which refers to an arts event or events that will feature one or more guest artists. Guest artist activities are broad, and may include a festival; exhibition; literary reading; musical, theatrical, or multi-media performance; media screening; broadcast; or lecture.
- Collaborative Marketing Campaigns, which may include unified promotion projects and/or cultural tourism projects incorporating the offerings of multiple institutions. Cultural tourism projects will market and promote cultural assets to enhance public engagement with arts and culture in communities and to populations that have been historically underserved.
- Public Art Projects, community-based and professionally directed. See “Public Art Resources” for additional information.
For More Information: